September 14th & 15th
September 21st & 22nd
Friday dates cancelled
Friday spaces: $20.00 each
Time: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday Spaces: $25.00 each
Time: Dawn - 3:00 pm
Closing time means packed up and off the property by the ‘closing time.’
- Please remember there is no parking in Fire Lanes or on the front grass.
- Please do not walk on plants around trees or in garden and do not hang things in small tree.
- Move vehicles to back grassy area to park after unloading.
- Your space should be no bigger than 15’ X 15’.
- Please do not sell items meant to be eaten immediately. Food meant to be taken home and used later is fine.
All trash must be packed up and taken with you!!
For more information call: 469-585-1252
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
For Information & Registration:
contact Annette Meehan - 469-585-1252
You are most welcome to join us for Sunday services any Sunday…
Fellowship and Sunday Schoo: 9:30 am
Worship Service: 10:00 am
Spirituality Classes as announced: spiritualityfcc.org
Help Us Have More!!!
We asked the City Council for a permit for churches to have an equal number of garage sales as residences, which is six a year. That is six separate Saturdays not two Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The garage sales for churches and non profits should read "flea market" or "market". Because we rent space to vendors and we do not sell our own goods, we should be called "flea market" or "market".
1. The City Council asked churches to stop all garage sales last May 2010.
2. While we waited for the City Council to come to a decision, we used our two special events permits. This is a permit for an outdoor event held twice a year for up to 14 days!
We DO NOT need a special events permit!
3. The City Council finally came to a decision! The decision was that churches are not residences and are not entitled to any garage sale permits- NO GARAGE SALES!
4. We have visited the City Council three times and have tried to get our vendors to speak. Only one person came to the last City Council meeting, excluding our congregation.
5. We cannot CHANGE THIS RIDICULOUS ORDINANCE alone. We all must be heard!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Mr. Zander is the City Council member who has offered to help us. Contact him and tell him you want this garage sale.
Send a letter or card to:
City of DeSoto
211 E. Pleasant Run Rd.
Go to the DeSoto website @www.ci.desoto.tx.us
Click on government
click mayor and city council
Choose Council Member James Zander
Send your message!
Call your friends who have bought, sold, or visited the sale and tell them what is happening to OUR garage sale!!
VOICE YOUR OPINION TO KEEP THE GARAGE SALES!!